How to remove publishers from your campaign rotation
Once you have enough data to support publisher removal, such as a high CPL or low CTR%, you can remove (or blacklist) a publisher from the list of websites you advertise with.
To remove a publisher from your campaign's rotation, simply:
- Log in to Mantis (or sign up for a new account)
- Navigate to the Campaigns tab in your account and click on a campaign to manage from the list of campaigns (or create a new campaign if you haven't done so yet)
- Once you select a campaign, navigate to the Categories tab to see the performance of your campaign segmented by Audience Interest Category
- On this page, select the category name to access the website list within the category
- Filter the report by the metrics you care most about using the Customize this report button and identify any under-performers you wish to remove
- When you're ready, click on the red X next to the publisher that you'd like to remove from your campaign's rotation and choose a reason for removal
An example of the blacklisting process
Note: In order to remove a publication, you must first generate a minimum of 1K impressions with that publication before being able to add the website to your blacklist.
Managing the blacklist and blacklist rules for your account
When an advertiser removes a publisher from a campaign's rotation, that publisher is added to a new list that appears on the Rules tab in the left navigation.