"What does it cost to advertise with Mantis?"
The simple answer: "It depends."
Because Mantis is a second-price, real-time bidding (RTB) platform, vCPM and CPC rates fluctuate every second based on inventory supply and demand. Although we set the base rates for each rotation (as shown below), the average winning bid often exceeds this base rate, especially for geo-targeted campaigns within the US and Canada.
As a Mantis advertiser, you'll be given access to a transparent, self-service dashboard showcasing bid performance metrics including the winning/losing bid %, the avg. winning bid amount, CTR%, etc... This data is available for each campaign in your account, and is segmented per audience interest category, and ultimately, per property, making it easy to know exactly what value you are getting from Mantis.
Mantis ad network minimum bid rates as of 2/1/20
DISPLAY AD PRICING
- Non-endemic (mainstream) audiences: $2+ vCPM
- Endemic (cannabis-focused) audiences: $4+ vCPM
- Retargeted display ad campaigns: $10+ vCPM
- Display CPC rotation: $0.60+ CPC
NATIVE AD PRICING
- For all geos: $0.30+ CPC
VIDEO AD PRICING
- For all geos: $12+ vCPM
Note: Mantis will prompt you to enter a maximum bid rate for each rotation when creating a new display ad campaign. Mantis will use your maximum bid rates for each rotation to auto-optimize and bid for the appropriate inventory. For example, if an ad zone has historically low viewability metrics, Mantis will attempt to serve the ad on a cost-per-click (CPC) basis rather than on a cost-per-viewable-impression (vCPM) basis.
Calculating the total cost for your ad campaign
There are 2 main costs incurred by advertisers to plan/budget for:
- Monthly seat cost (if a paid plan is selected -- ignore if you opt to pay-as-you-go)
- Allocated amount of ad spend (i.e., deposits of funds into an ad credit balance)
That said, there are a large number of factors that influence the final cost of your advertising campaigns on the Mantis platform, including (but not limited to):
- Campaign type (e.g., display, content, video, retargeted ads have different rates)
- Ad rotation (e.g., vCPM, CPC pricing options)
- Max vs. actual winning bids (i.e., what it takes to win bids for your target market)
- Targeting requirements (e.g., local campaigns tend to cost more to win bids)
Choosing a payment plan (i.e., seat type)
Get everything you need to run strategic digital advertising campaigns for a single, fixed price, or give Mantis a try at your own pace with our revolutionary pay-as-you-go option.
Regardless of the route you choose to take, you'll need to pick a payment plan for your account before running creative across publications included in the Mantis ad network.
Note: Once you select a payment plan, you'll need to make a new deposit to add ad credits to your account balance.
Making a deposit for ad credits
All advertisers, regardless of the selected payment plan, must have a positive balance of ad credits before launching a campaign on the Mantis ad network.
Click here for step-by-step instructions to make or schedule a deposit for ad credits.
Daily spend limits
Setting a maximum daily spend limit
For each campaign you create, you'll be prompted by the system to set a daily spend limit for the campaign. In other words, you'll need to enter the maximum amount of dollars you want to spend in a 24 hour period before the campaign is automatically paused until the next 24 hour interval begins. Click here for step-by-step instructions to implement a daily spend limit for your campaign(s).
Minimum daily spend limit
All campaigns regardless of ad type have a required minimum daily spend of $10.00 or more.
Benefits of using the Mantis DSP
- No intermediary fees - With Mantis, you pay absolutely no middleman fees (saving you an average of 33% when switching to Mantis from another DSP)
- Flexible pricing options - Choose from 4 different payment plans. Opt to pay-as-you-go or subscribe to a monthly plan for even more functionality and cost savings at higher levels of ad spend
- Built-in fraud protection - All traffic goes through various safety checkpoints including multiple 3rd party, industry-leading fraud vendors. Rest assured knowing you’ll only pay for premium ad inventory and receive campaign performance insights in real-time.
- Only pay for premium ad inventory - The truth is over half of the ad impressions served on the internet are not tracked as viewed, resulting in 50% or more of ad budgets going to waste. That’s why Mantis only charges its advertisers for guaranteed viewable impressions and valid clicks.
- Upload unlimited creatives - As an advertiser, you can A/B test as many IAB-compliant creatives as you desire
- Track conversions with ease - Implement the Mantis pixel on your website to monitor campaign performance, track conversions, and learn which publications and creatives are driving the best leads
- More reach in the US and Canada - Mantis is by far the largest ad network of its kind, offering unrivaled reach, even at a local level in North America
Is there a minimum monthly or annual commitment?
No, there are no monthly or annual minimums regardless of the payment plan you go with. With Mantis, you can control the pacing of your ad campaigns by setting a daily spend limit. However, to drive consistent delivery for your ads, all active campaigns are required to set a minimum daily spend limit of $10 USD per day or more.
How much do impressions or clicks cost?
As a real-time bidding (RTB) platform, you have the ability to set both a max. 1,000 verified viewable impressions (vCPM) bid and a max. cost per click (CPC) bid. Learn more about the benefits of vCPM advertising.
How much does it cost to renew once my ad credits run out?
There is a $500 minimum deposit to replenish your account balance with more ad credits. With a paid plan, 100% of the funds you deposit into Mantis goes straight to your ad credit balance with no deposit fee.
Are there discounts available for bulk ad buys?
Mantis offers its ad partners a discount when making long-term commitments to a paid plan (e.g., save 10% with an annual commitment to a self-service seat). Please contact us to learn more.
Can our company test the Mantis network for less than $500 USD?
No. The minimum deposit amount of $500 USD is based on a test budget and covers account set up and support costs associated with on-boarding a new advertising partner. Most ad platforms have restrictive, large buy-ins and require long-term commitments just to get access to their DSP.
Important: Any budget under $5,000 does not provide enough of a runway to fairly evaluate the audiences of our many network partners, nor give you enough time to collect campaign data that will be used to make actionable decisions to improve your campaign’s performance. For example, a $5,000 budget across 1,000 publications is just $5 per publication on average to test (hardly enough to know if a website is truly performing or if it needs to be blacklisted). Although we do allow you to get started for less than $5,000 on the pay-as-you-go plan, the expectation is that with such a low spend volume, you are merely testing the platform and not looking for any level of guaranteed performance just yet.
I’m sold. How do I get started?
Click here to create your free Mantis account.